In order to assist with the learning process, it is imperative the feedback and constructive criticism be given to presenters, which they can use to learn and grow from. This is where you, as the audience comes in. The purpose of these presentations is to enhance your knowledge of a particular time period in World History, which you can take with you outside of this class and apply to making other connections. This only works if you can walk away from a presentation with a better comprehension of the world around you.
With this in mind, please focus on the following prompts when structuring your feedback to the groups...
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
NOTE: Only CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK will be allowed on this blog. Disrespectful and/or disingenuous feedback will not be tolerated and will be deleted from the blog, with consequences to follow.
this is how I saw how it went. please don't take it the wrong way. please!
ReplyDelete1. at first they didn't really engage me at first as in the story and the telephone activity but they pulled it together after that. I was in the science revolution group and that was very engaging for me and coming together to work on the puzzle was very engaging and enteraning.
2. I didn't know anything about that century but I feel that I could have learned more. even thow they had more time I feel that they could have added more to keep it open then narrow (I think that is how you spell it), then just 30 min. activity's.
3. I think that they were prepared. they could have opened it more then what I saw with the dicutions.
4. where I was at with the science revolution group I feel that it met expectations but for the group over all I feel that they didn't meet expectations. please don't be anger.
this is my personal opion: they shouldn't have used the themes. if they kept it so that we could make our connection to the themes inseted of handing it on a silver patter.
1. I think that the presentation was very engaging! It made us think about it, imagine the situation and the story was very well written!
ReplyDelete2. Yes!! I was sectioned off into the religion section and I learned a lot more about how it had a part in society and the Salem Witch Trials have always been really interesting to me.
3. Yes, they didn't seem very nervous and I think that they spoke very well.
4. I would say that they met expectations. Everything was really well done, and if they got check pluses, I could see why.
1. I thought the group did really well! I was engaged the whole time, and I thought the story telling was a really creative idea to introduce some of the topics that were going to be taught. I also thought the power point of “what we see” was good, because we were asked what we thought it was, and then learned about the century, and then the group related them to their century. I thought the puzzle thing could have been a little bit more organized, but it also made us work together to connect different aspects of the themes together.
ReplyDelete2. I think I do have a better understanding. I thought breaking us into groups made it easier to engage, and listen. Sometimes, when we’re watching a presentation as a class it’s easier to get away with not listening and engaging.
3. The group did seem prepared. They seemed a little disorganized when they wanted to break us into groups, but it didn’t take long, and didn’t waste time. They all knew the topics they were talking about, and everyone talked and showed they understood their century.
4. This group did really well in delivery. They covered the whole world, and even added a new theme that related to their century. I’d say they deserve a check/check plus, but closer to a check plus.
1. The presentation was very engaging. The majority of the presentation was interactive, they were constantly asking us questions and having us talk to each other.
ReplyDelete2. I do feel like I have a better understanding of the century that was presented. I think the aspect of the presentation that helped me the most with that was when we broke off into the theme groups. Everyone in my group seemed really engaged and we learned a lot.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation? The group seemed very prepared for their presentation. They seemed to know what they were saying the whole time and were able to get through the activities pretty timely.
4. I would assess the learning opportunity that the group presented between a check and a check plus.
1. though that this presentation was engaging. I thought that it was a good idea how they all were "experts" and taught about it and then had everyone work together to make connections. Everyone had to work together and get involved in order to make the connections.
ReplyDelete2. When we were divided up in to different groups they went deeper into what they were presenting. I thought that their individual presentations were good but what I wish I could have done was go to each group to learn more about them. But it was still good.
3. The group seemed prepared and they all looked like they new what they were doing. They all had a role and never seemed to get stuck to it looked professional.
4.They presented really well. I felt that I learned a lot and they talked about a lot of different ideas that were in their century. They really worked hard on this and going into depth about everything. I would give them a check but closer to a check plus.
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
ReplyDeleteYes, the presentation was engaging. This is because they had little games, and activities that had the students be more engaged, and to ask questions. I really liked the class discussion, and story in the beginning.
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
Yes, I Do feel that I have a Better understanding of the century that was presented. One of the main things i had learned, was how society started to divide By church and state, and I also found the "witches" to Be interesting. It worked, Because like I said we had a class discussion, and were able to hear everyones opinion and view.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
Yes, the group seemed prepared for the presentation. Sometimes I felt some spoke more than others, but besides that it went well and they knew what they were talking about.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
Overall, I would have to assess the group with meeting expectations, from what was presented to myself in the classroom.
1.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think the presentation was engaging the picture activity got most of the class involved and when the sectioned people into groups (I had economy) I was also engaged in that activity, which was more of a "trading" game. I feel like one thing they could have done better was better plan the timing because in the middle-ish to the end it felt really rushed and it was had to keep up, I feel it would have been better to just end and not have enough time than to speed up the remaining part of the presentation, but that's just my opinion.
2.
I do feel like I have a better understanding of the century. I think one of the things that helped me get a better understanding of it were when we were split into groups and had to do the related activity. The other activities were fun but I didn't really see how they connected all that well, they were kind of confusing to me.
3.
I think that the group did seem prepared, they kept everyone engaged, well they kept me engaged, but like I said the only thing I would say is with how the presentation sped up towards the end.
4.
I would asses the group with a check, I feel like they met expectations, like I said they kept most people engaged and answered almost all of the questions people were asking. They provided the class with knowledge from all of the themes, which I thought was cool.
I wansnt very engaged during most of the presentation, excluding the puzzle pieces game. It all felt like the presenters knew a little bit of what was going on but didnt know enough about how the presentation was going to go down in the beginning and so there was a little bit of idle time that was going on. i think that is the main reason it wasnt engaging as it could have been. but the further the presentation went the more things seemed to flow and with the puzzle pieces game it all came together.
ReplyDeleteI do have a better understanding of how geography influenced what happened in this time period but i dont know how the other four themes (plus the scientific revolution) came in because i wasnt in their group.i would have liked a more concrete education but i do feel like i learned a lot more.
like before, I feel that most of the presenters werent prepared for the beginning activities and that took away from their presentation.
I would assess this group with a check because they got their main point well across which is the most important thing ad that makes up for the other small shortcomings.
You ask for honest feedback, so I'm going to give it too you. This isn't meant to hurt feelings, this is just my honest views on this topic:
ReplyDeleteI would honestly say that the presentation felt boring. At the beginning it was alright, but really confusing. Throughout the beginning part I felt like I was trying to figure out what was going on over what was being taught. It got a little better as time went on, but it felt like one of those presentations where we could check out and squeak by. Next time I would suggest trying to get more creative, and not to put things (the five themes) as obvious as you did. Let the audience think for themselves instead of outlining the different things. I think it will help keep people more engaged for the next time.
The parts that I understood and took away from this century was that the society was full of wackos. People going on tons of witch hunts and how it was a power struggle (slaves were another example of power struggling). I felt there were a lot of gaps in what was trying to be said, not very smooth in transitions, and a little shaky. Don't get me wrong, the story and some of the stuff brought forward were unique and interesting, but there were some gaps that were kind of hard to ignore.
I understand that people get nervous and it's a large time to fill, which I have taken into consideration, but I think had you practiced more, the gaps that I mentioned would have disappeared and it would have been a smoother experience. You guys handled yourselves well when it came to presenting the info, but it didn't seem rehearsed, but more like an improvisation. You guys did really well with the speaking, but it just wasn't enough to pull you guys through all the way.
Overall, I would asses you guys at a check minus. I feel like I would be lying if I said you guys deserved a check. It had interesting ideas (puzzle, story, etc.) but I think there were too many gaps in the century presentation and it wasn't rehearsed well enough. Next time I would say to add some more depth into what you want us to get out of it rather than telling us every little detail. Had there been more depth, better rehearsal, and more engaging ways to incorporate the audience, I would assess you guys at a check.
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement? I feel that it was engaging throughout the whole presentation since it allowed the entire class to participate in a meaningful way. Not mention they would ask us to go more in depth with our statements. The activities throughout the two hours kept us engaged and were enjoyable.
ReplyDelete2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?I feel that I learned what the main idea of what the 17th century was all about which was the scientific revolution. I believe that telephone activity helped me get a better picture of how different people in a society can influence the people and how the people can interpret an ideology. Also, I wish that I got to learn more about the details of what happen in the 17th century since my group for the puzzle activity seem to know the same thing and what we didn’t know was the same as well. So I don’t entirely feel that I got a grasp of what was actually occurring during the 17th century.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation? I feel that they were prepared since they were well corrected and they were able to back each other up and they had all the material ready.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you? I feel that I got the general idea of what the 17th century was all about and I believe that what they were aiming to teach the class that and since they had very engaging activities I will asses them a check since they met all the requirements.
17th century
ReplyDeleteYes the presentation was very engaging, fun and interactive. The activity was engaging because we didn’t just sit around the whole time but we had discussions and we got to do different things. A suggestion for improvement would be to not stress out because it seems as if the presenters were getting frustrated. For me when people get frustrated I and or everyone else becomes frustrated.
I believe I have a better understanding of the 17th century because I thought that this century was mainly about religion but it wasn’t it was about society and how everyone was questioning everything. I think the activity that was most affective would be the mini groups and when we had to make connections because we got to learn about a specific LO and then like we did before in class we had to find connections and the connections in the end brought the whole project together.
Yes this group seemed like they were well prepared and somewhat organized. Overall I think that the whole group deserves a check for the learning opportunity the group presented to us.
1.Yes, the presentation was engaging, and required a lot of the classrooms interaction. Every activity but the separation into groups required our opinion, perspective, etc...
ReplyDelete2.I feel like going home i do have a better understanding of the presentation, and i like how not everything was so factual, but you guys also focused on the movement of ideology. Though I wish we could have seen the other mini groups to help have a better grasp on all the other Themes of History. Though we had others to help us it seemed like regurgitated information that just wasn't sticking to well. (In my perspective at least.)
3. You seemed prepared, but i couldn't help feel the sense of chaos in the back of my head
4. I would asses the group at a check
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
ReplyDeleteI do think the presentation today was pretty engaging from beginning to end. Being able to engage the audience was good, but I think that you guys focused a little bit too much on that, and you kind of strayed away a little bit from the amount of learning. It seemed that not many people were into it but I don't know if it was because everyone was just tired, or if it was lack of actual understanding of the information that some of the presenters had. But, besides that the presenters had everyone doing something throughout the whole presentation. I also really enjoyed your guy's story in the beginning. c:
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
I do think I got somewhat of a better understanding about this century after this presentation. I was kind of confused because during the class presentation they didn't really talk about how influential science had really become during this time era (which is what they mentioned was a key event during this time), but they were able to talk about the connections between the continents and how they influenced each other. Also when I checked my email I saw the "17th century resource guide" that they sent us and I read it through and it once again talked about how science was influential during this time period and how people started questions things and how they started seeking answers. Again, I feel like I didn't really see this in their presentation in class. Another thing would be when we split up into groups. I liked the mini presentations that we went to, I was able to learn and gain some information through there. But I feel that it was a giant blur once we all got together to make those puzzle connection things with people from other groups. I feel that it was kind of rushed so we weren't able to fully digest other information from the other groups, so we were just going along with the motions in order to get our connections done. The idea that they had was a good one, I just feel like there could have been a little bit more of planing.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
Overall, most of the presenters did seem to know what they needed to say, and what was going on. I feel that at point everyone seemed to be unprepared. This point would have been, I think a little more towards the end of your presentations where you guys seemed to be misplaced, I guess the word could be. I say this because one of you said, "Oh there is more time left" Or something like that, which kind of made it seem like you guys didn't have planed what you were going to do when. Maybe it was just something minor too. I don't know. :b OH and then also when we had to put the puzzle thing together and you guys said, "If we didn't go over one of the things that are on the strips of paper, you guys can look it up and research it". I kind of feel like we shouldn't have had to do that because it was your guy's presentation and you guys were supposed to educate the class, not the other way around where we had to look things up and basically tell you guys about it.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
Overall, I think I would probably give them within a check minus and a check. Only because I feel like they could have tied everything together a bit better and they had some loose ends that were just left there dangling. But they also made some strong points and they were able to make connections throughout the whole world at this time.
1. the presentation was not completely engaging at the beginning but it did require alot of class cooperation. Twords the end is where i really started liking it where we split up into groups was the most fun part.
ReplyDelete2 i do feel that the presentation did help me get a better understanding of the century because there were alot of things that i was really foggy about. One thing that was really cleared up was the pilgrim movement.
3. The group did seem prepared but there were just little moments where the calculations (of students) didnt go "right" but overall it went really good and looked very preparred.
4. The learning opportunity i would asses as a check plus because the information given was really well and they made good connections.
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
ReplyDeleteI think the class was pretty engaging and i liked the way they presented the facts and information. They did it in a fun way (the telephone game and the puzzle). I do think they could have worked on the beginning but it came out pretty good.
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
I dont the presentation gave me a full understanding of the century but i did learn some stuff. I learned about hobbes and locke and how they were two opposite people with two completely opposite ideologies. One was a pessimist and the other a optimist.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
The group seemed pretty well prepped for what they wanted to happen. I would maybe suggest that they didnt run over eachothers sentences.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
I think the group deserves a V because they met all the expectations, nothing more, nothing less.
1.
ReplyDeleteI think that their presentation was engaging. Even though at first it wasn't because of course they were reading their story but then after it did become more engaging with the picture slide show and the different stations they had.
2.
I feel that I do have a better understanding of the century. I think they went over things well and that I walked away with a better understanding of the different ideologies that were being presented at that time.
3.
I think they were very prepared for the presentation. They had a plan and they stuck to it ad it went in a good timely fashion.
4.
I would asses them at a check because they did what they were supposed to do and they did it well.
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
ReplyDeleteI felt that the presentation was engaging… I especially liked the little story they had at the beginning and how they set the mood for it and how it related to what was going on at the time. The telephone game was interesting and how they themselves changed the message as it was progressed forward. Another thing that I liked about this was the debating in our little groups, how it got us thinking. I think it was fine how they did things.
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
I feel that I did have a better understanding after the whole presentation. I feel that the debating was a big part that I got the most out of it. Getting the whole group against each other got us all thinking and actually thinking about what was talked about.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
I do believe that the group was prepared and I feel that they did a great job delivering the message/ presentation.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
Kudos to all of the group members on their great work and I feel that the presentation was at a check and possibly check plus on some points.
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
ReplyDeleteI felt that this presentation was engaging from beginning to end. They had activities where they allowed the audience to interact, and that really set the mood for the class. I feel that they really focused on that, that they went a little bit away from presenting us with more knowledge, i feel that if they would have imputed more knowledge we would have had more of an understanding.
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
I honestly feel that i have a much more understanding of the century now. I was really able to understand how the century was driven by its economy and how that itself was what a countries main goal was. They wanted to become wealthier and through their economy they strived for that.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
They seemed really prepared they new what they were doing, they new their content, they didnt have trouble with any questions and they were on top of everything.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
I would asses them as a check, i feel that if they would have tried to teach us a bit more about the other content (5 themes)a check plus could have been seen.
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
ReplyDeleteThe presentation was engaging because they had games and stuff, however it was a little bit unorganized and I feel like the information wasn't clearly presented to me. I didn't leave learning much more than I knew before the presentation.
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
I think the fact that you guys had everyone be experts in only one area made it difficult for people to really understand what the century was about in all aspects. I learned a little about geography, but that's it. I still don't know much about anything else. I know the last activity was to kind of get everyone to talk about what they learned but people were more concerned about getting it done fast than actually learning.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
They seemed prepared because it flowed pretty smoothly.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
I would have to give them a check minus or a check because i didn't leave learning very much but it was indeed entertaining...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete-I feel that the presentation was engaging especially when it came to the debate we had to do within our little focus groups. the only issue i saw was the telephone game i mean it made sense but it was really slow and people weren't always paying attention. Some improvements i think that could have been done are try to make sure everything is figured out instead of all the confusion that happened before and during the telephone game.
ReplyDelete-Yes i do feel that i have a better understanding because i hadn't really known much about it. like all of these things that started popping up like hobbe's ideology and other things of that nature. i feel it worked because it wast just stating facts it was trying to get us to do the learning by ourselves with them helping us along the way.
-The group in the beginning was a bit confused but after the telephone game everything became smooth and understandable.
-I would asses the group between a meeting expectations and an above and beyond because there were some strong parts but also some confusing parts.
I liked the things that the group did and i think that everything was relevant but it seemed as if the things that we were doing were going pretty slow. Because it was so slow it appeared to be forced (not saying that it was), but maybe the group could focus on making the transition smoother and overall it was engaging.
ReplyDeleteIt was a pretty good lesson and i feel that it allowed me to gain my own interpretation to the century and it also solidified the things that i already knew. On that note, i only solidified things that were talked about by my group members because i had no real grasp of any other concepts.
I feel that the group seemed prepared as to what they were going to do and they knew when to do it but again did not go as smoothly as it could have form one activity to the other.
Overall i like the presentation and although some things could have been improved on i would assess the group at a check.
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
ReplyDeleteI wasn't very engaged in the beginning and the telephone activity seemed kind of fun but more like last minute. I saw the point of the telephone game and I though it was creative and very interesting. Once you split us into groups I thought it was going to be boring but it was really fun.
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
I feel like I did learn something but mainly only the Geography side of things because I was in that group, I didn't learn anything in religion other then what I already known. I think that I only got to learn about one thing and not the whole LO's. When it came to the activity at the end I kind of felt useless because I couldn't help that much because I didn't understand some of the things. I would probably suggest you should have the whole switching group things and then I could get more understanding on the other subjects.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
They seems prepared
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
I would say a check and check minus because I left only knowing about geography. It was a very entertaining and fun but I didn't learn that much. I would give you guys kudos for your first time teaching the class for 2 hours, I just think maybe a little more thought could have gone into the activities. Good Job 17th Century Group!
1. I didn't think the presentation was very engaging, there were times that I wasn't interested at all, but I found it interesting. For example, the story was really cool, but it was a bit boring to just be hearing it. Maybe acting it out would be more engaging/interesting.
ReplyDelete2. I do feel that they did a good job presenting, I did understand their century more, although I feel like I only know about geography from the 1600's; we didn't switch around in groups, we had to quickly learn about the other themes of history to complete the puzzle activity, or use previous knowledge. I also didn't like that they split themselves into themes of history. I felt like it limited them a lot, and we could've learned a lot more than we did.
3. The group did seem prepared to present, I didn't notice any blank spaces other than disorganization, but other than that, they were very prepared.
4. Although I didn't find it completely engaging, they did seem prepared, and I did learn, so I would give them a check. :) Good job, guys. :)
Remember guys (17th century group members) all feedback is good feedback, don't take offense to it; if there weren't any flaws, and this goes out to every group, all of the feed back would've said check plus, so just try to use the feed back to better yourselves rather than dismiss it.
ReplyDelete1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
ReplyDeleteit was, i loved the way the group presented, and made the whole class more engaging.
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
i do, i learned how the new age of thinkking led to people beiong more skeptical of everyone else.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
the group seemed really prepared.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
overall, i would give them a V.
1. The presentation was engaging throughout every portion. When presenting, they used creative methods to give us information such as the story and took our interpretations before the class which I thought was a good assessment to determine how much we already understood.
ReplyDelete2. I do have a better understanding of the century, though I would have appreciated a little rotation to get a grasp of a few more subjects, but what I did learn I got a hold of. I thought Izaya's activity was useful.
3. The entire group was very prepared. The only part that was a bit disorganized was the grouping of the audience, but it wasn't too distracting or much of a problem so it didn't affect my experience. Everyone presented confidently, and knew their material. And during the final puzzle-project they were able to address all of our questions.
4. Overall I'd give this group a check. I'd firmly disagree with those who assessed you guys at a check minus. It didn't blow me away, but it was still a very solid presentation. If you got a check plus overall I could support it.
17th Century –
ReplyDelete1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
The presentation was pretty engaging. I noticed that the he story in the beginning was like a brief overview of what happened during this century and it was good. When we got together after the discussion with the experts, the connection activity made us think about what we just discussed with the expert. The telephone activity took little longer than expected, but it was good as I got the idea behind it.
2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
Since we split up into groups and learned about one thing, I learned more about religion than any other theme and I feel like I could have learned more about the other themes if there was a rotation between the groups. The last activity did give more information about other themes, but it’s very broad and not in-depth as when we we’re in the groups.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
The group was prepared and knew what to do. The transition from the beginning to the end was smooth and it all makes sense at the end.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
I think the group did great overall, I think time was a problem because I feel like they could have said more if they had more time. They know their stuff and their activities were engaging and very helpful. I would give them a check for their work.
Adding on to my post: (I can't reply to my own post for some reason) A reason I didn't give this group anything higher or lower than a check is because they knew what they were doing, it seemed like they had practiced it before a lot, but I still wasn't very engaged in their activities.
ReplyDeleteThe telephone activity seemed a bit last minute, but they pulled it off and I understood why they were doing it, I understood what the point of it was, and how it "worked" back then.
I just felt like clarifying that, so there it is.
1. Yes, i think the presentation was engaging. Although, i think that most of the activities such as the puzzle was a waiste o time because the class/ audience didnt make the best of it. It kind of felt like just a time place holder.
ReplyDelete2. Yes i feel like i have beter understanding of the century, I think i took away alot about medicine and how the society saw the religion in the 17th century.
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation? I think overall the group was prepared, although during my mini lesson there was alot being read off the presentation. As if my presenter didnt know all of his/her stuff.
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
I would give this group a check. I believe overall they gave a good presentation that i took some information from. They had creative ideas to get us all engaged. :) Good JOB. Just dodnt be scared to get Creative ! :)
1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement? it was partly engaging there was part that need work on like when in the small group it wasn't divided evenly and it would had been better if we all got to go through all the small group activities
ReplyDelete2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
i do feel like i had a better understanding but only in the small group that i was working because i didn't learn anything else in other group
3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation? they didnt seem prepare because they didnt have an even amount of people in their small group activities and the bigger activities
4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you? i would say a check minus because they weren't prepare am that affected on their performance an witch affected people learning
Thank you guys for all the feedback! :)
ReplyDelete1.I thought that the initial activity with the story was a very good idea. I thought that it wasn't the easiest story to follow,but talking about it afterwards helped a lot. I thought that most of the other activities were very interesting and the only part that I thought did not flow with the rest was the part where we had to connect with all the puzzle pieces. I didn't think that it was the best way to sum up what we had learned. Everyone only went to one section and I got what the activity was supposed to do, but it could have been tweaked a little so that information was shared a little better.
ReplyDelete2.I feel like I didn't get too much of a better understanding because I had learned most of what was said in economy during my century. The group I later got split into did not do the best job sharing information,so I was pretty much left with what I had heard previously.
3.I thought That the group seemed very prepared although I thought the telephone game thing could have gone a little smoother.
4.I would give it a check because the presentation was solid and I really liked the whole setup of it. My personal experience was probably not the most ideal but I liked it.