Thursday, April 12, 2012

Through The Years Presentations Feedback-20 Century PM

In order to assist with the learning process, it is imperative the feedback and constructive criticism be given to presenters, which they can use to learn and grow from.  This is where you, as the audience comes in.  The purpose of these presentations is to enhance your knowledge of a particular time period in World History, which you can take with you outside of this class and apply to making other connections.  This only works if you can walk away from a presentation with a better comprehension of the world around you.
With this in mind, please focus on the following prompts when structuring your feedback to the groups...

1. Was the presentation engaging?  If so, how?  If not, why?  What are your suggestions for improvement?

2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented?  If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding.  Why did it work?  If not, what are you missing?

3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

NOTE: Only CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK will be allowed on this blog.  Disrespectful and/or disingenuous feedback will not be tolerated and will be deleted from the blog, with consequences to follow.  

30 comments:

  1. 1. the presentation was not as engaging as I though it would be. although they are the last group that shouldn't have held them back that much. when we broke out in to the group it was hard not to be engaged. taking the phones was a great way to help bring everyone to particite.

    2. I know alot on this century already but I give them thumbs up for trying. but the themes that they were trying to use were vey confusing and I feel that they were constantly saying opinions instead of facts.

    3. they seemed prepared some what not much I have to say here.

    4. I would say that they are not meeting expectations they didn't have a good strong presentation and they were using a type of presentation style that I feel that was not successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    the presentation was engaging the majority of the time, this is because once we got there the group was able to talk to us, and they were trying to get our feedback and opinions. I thought it was a Good idea how they showed us the videos in the Beginning, and it lead up to the discussion about our necessities, and things we enjoy. Some suggestions I have for improvement was to try to make it a little more interesting so more people would Be engaged, and not just sitting there. Also, to not throw out so many facts, and instead start a dialogue between the students and the group.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    I would say I have gained some knowledge about the century that was presented. I learned a lot how technology was Being advanced very quickly and how it started to Become a necessity how it is now.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    I saw that some group members might have Been a little more prepared than others. But there were some who seemed prepared.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    overall, I would assess this learning opportunity with a check. I think they could have not thrown out so many facts, and instead been a little more focused with the engaging part with the students. I learned a lot about the technology, and about the 5 senses. Again, there were some group members who felt more prepared than others. But I think they just met expectations, and they deserve a check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the beginning I thought it was off to a good start, but then when the activities started I didn't understand the point behind them. like they were pointing out the obvious sense like the sight and didn't do a good job explaining their connection to the 20th century. they overused the idea of five senses and I really didn't think they gave too many examples on how and stuff to support their whole point about their senses. I would say for improvement would be actually talking out the stations part more with each other because I seriously thought that stuff being said in the stations didn't make sense on how it was part of the century.

    I feel like I do not really have a better understanding of the century I have a different vision of it, like when they were teaching I would agree with them about the necessities and accessories and the idea about how we think that we need certain things to survive. but I mean I had an understanding on things that were invented like airplane and how the helped society and so on.


    I think the work was prepared with their presentations, but I think they should have practiced more.

    I would assess them a check minus but thats only because I feel like they didnt really go in dept about things happening in the 20th century l;like about the capitalism and communism and so on, but some points were good but I would have liked to see more about the things happening in the century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I don't think that they went in depth with the century.

      Delete
  7. 20th Century
    1. The presentation was engaging some of the time. It was mainly engaging during the small group discussions that we had. My suggestion for improvement would be to be more prepared, practice the presentation and do another activity maybe.
    2. Well everyone in class knows a lot about this century so it may have been somewhat hard to present to us things we know but still I didn't really get any better understanding of the century or anything new. Besides the fact that inventions make life more convenient and that we may take what we see for granted. But if that was somewhat your overall concept that you wanted us to get out of it I think we should have tried to figure it out instead of you guys telling us and I think that you guys should have done some type of actual presentation or something because it seemed as if you guys were going all over the place sometimes confusing me.
    3. The group or presentation did not seem prepared.
    4. Overall I would assess the group with a check minus because the presentation like I said before was everywhere, they didn’t really seem prepared and I didn’t really get the whole point of there presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    I do think this group's presentation was pretty engaging. They had us doing things from beginning to end. Whether it be with the group activities that they set up for us to the actual group discussions that we had. Although, there were times where everyone wasn't as involved with the discussions as they could have been. If there were a next time I would have to say that you might want to have different activities that went more with century all over the world, rather than just focusing in on the science and technology like you guys did. (If that makes sense.)

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    Honestly, I feel like they only hit one topic which was science and technology(and somewhat of other topics, I can't really remember right now). What I got out of this was that us as a society have stopped using our 5 senses and we have become lazy and we wait for things to be handed to us. I think that they could have gone more into depth with their information, and they could have possibly made more connections with past and our current century since they did get the most current century (before the one that we are currently in).

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    I felt that this presentation was carried mostly by two specific group members. I feel like the rest of the members were not as prepared as they could have been and they didn't bring much to the table as they could have when it came to answering questions and actually presenting. I feel like if all the group members were prepared then this presentation would have gone by more smoothly.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

    Overall I would have to assess this group between a high check minus to a low check. There were some few factors that were missing, but if they were there then I would have given them a solid check.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    I think parts of the presentation were engaging and some weren't. The rotations were pretty engaging but the rest of it was just mostly discussion/powerpoint/video and it got a little boring at parts. Maybe if there were more activities and less talking it would have been more interesting. Again, it was only SOME parts that were boring, not the whole thing.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    I think I do have a better understanding just because I learned a different perspective of it, like the 5 senses. I definitely think they could have gone way more in depth with the century though. There were many events they didn't talk about a lot, such as the great depression and the world wars and the baby boom and women's rights. I think all of that could have made the presentation way better.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    Some people seemed more prepared than others and for some people it was evident that they were just improvising most of the time, when others were prepared for the lesson.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    I would give them between a check minus and a check. I just feel that for the time given, they could have been more prepared and had more facts about more meaningful events that happened in the century. I did still learn, however, and got a different perspective of the century so that's a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    The presentation was engaging for the most part. The beginning started off pretty good. I liked the 5 senses activity, but I feel like it was mentioned too much and there should have been more connection to other things that happened during that time. Being the century that everyone knows a lot about, it know it’s hard for them to point out new things that we didn’t know. In the end with our discussions, that’s when I learned a lot because the group explained more.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    I did learn a lot of new things. I also realized what they are trying to prove with the 5 senses and it was true. I wasn’t really aware of this. After doing the activity, I realized that they were right. What I got out of their presentation is that the 1900s was the century of convenience like how everyone is trying to invent/make things easier for people which led to accessories and unnecessary things.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    The group seemed prepared for their presentation. The only thing was when they were talking; some people interrupted while another one was talking so it was confusing because I didn’t know who to listen to. Overall, the group did well on their presentation.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    I would give them a check because I think they have met the expectation. I learned a lot from their presentation. There was a lot of facts that was thrown out there was a lot of connections. Their presentation was based a lot on science and technology and it was a strong subject during that time period so I think they focused on the right thing and they did ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    I think the presentation was relatively engaging. I think the discussions were pretty cool and they made us think. But I do think their could have been more depth to the presentation. I think there could have been a lot more connections to other things. I felt like they kept repeating themselves a lot like about the loss of the five senses and such but I do understand that it is really hard to teach us about something that we all already pretty much know about. I think the discussions were really cool especially in the end when mr lafave jumped in. It was cool and it actually made me think and go deeper into what we were talking about. So that part was cool. The activity was cool and fun and related.

    I feel like I have a better understanding of the ideology of the 20th century now but the facts and events were barely scratching the surface of what went on during that time.

    There were some group members that didn't seem to know what they were talking about and there were others that did most of the talking. So the people who did a lot of the work, don't worry, you could tell.

    I think I would asses then as a V because I took into special consideration how hard it is to teach something that we already know about. You guys had connections and understood what was going on so I think you guys deserve a V. :) Super Job Guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the presentation was engaging at first, with the videos and then the activities. However, I think it became a lot less engaging the second half of class during the discussion. They did get some other people to talk which was good it just didn't feel very organized and it didn't keep everyone's attention.

    I don't have a much better understanding of this century than I did before the lesson. I know it's difficult because everyone is very familiar with this century and I did get a new perspective on the technology of that time, however, I think they could have talked more about some of the other big events during that time.

    I think most of the group seemed prepared for the presentation. During the discussion portion you could tell that some people were a little more ready but over all it was okay.

    I would give this group a check minus. I think they could have made more connections and looked more in depth at different aspects of the century.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    I felt that the presentation was only engaging if we students chose to be, the activity i felt had a chance to engage us, as all should. But I felt that it wasn't, they really just used the 5 senses again, i felt it had no point to it. The discussion we had throughout the entire time was you guys giving out facts and having us ask you if we needed clarification. Overall i would say that at the start it was engaging, bu then it died off. I think you guys should have used less facts and more interpretation, and given us a resource guide to understand the material better.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    I honestly don't really feel like i have a better understanding of this century, i walked in knowing how the economy was terrible and left with no more or no less understanding. I really dont get why you tried to bring in the senses so much, i felt that you could have used that time to talk about influential people and events but you didnt you talked about music and a drop in the economy. I feel that i am missing the key ideas of the century how the people were in the early 20th century.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    I feel that the group did seem prepared, although i felt that one member was just standing their and really was trying to stay out of the spotlight. Even in the activity that person seemed to be unprepared. But overall they knew what they had to do.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

    Overall i would asses this group between a check minus and a check. They really repeated the 5 senses which i felt was not so necessary. They didnt really bring out events, and i didnt really get a grasp of much, and they had so much time, they had 2 more weeks than my group and I.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking at this groups presentation i do not thknk they were all prepared. I didnt really get anything out of it and i think they could have made more connections.It seemed to me as if the group was improvising the presentation after the first 15 minutes. I think because of them having the 20th century that was just yesterday so many new cool things have been invented they could have went into more depth. I did like connections they made with the cell phone things and the 5 senes. But that is not what the entire 20th century was about. To me after talking about the same thing for an hour it became very not intresting. I would give this group a check minus for their overall assesment. They could have done sooo much more with their time period.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    I choose to sit in the back, which was my fault, but I don't think that wasn't the only reason I wasn't engaged the whole time because I was still paying attention. There were minor pockets where I got engaged, but I lot of it, like other people were saying, felt like interpretation of things and I could have benefited from a few more facts. Although facts can seem boring, I would suggest putting in a few more facts and finding ways to teach the facts of your century in a fun way.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?


    I didn't think I knew all that much about the century, especially further back into the century, but a good amount of what was presented, was stuff I knew. I'm missing the division between continents. Their morals, ideologies, beliefs, etc. Even if a majority of what went on was the same, I didn't get much at all about how they each changed and each were like.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    For what they had prepared and had planned, they did seem prepared.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

    I could use to hear a little more from them, but I would asses them at a check.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1.
    I think that the presentation was engaging during the activities and during the discussions that we had because it required us to give our own personal opinion. I believe that only through the activities it was more engaging because we each individually said something but other than that I don't think it was too engaging.
    2.
    I think that the only thing I really got out of the presentation was the fact that we are making things to make it more "convenient" on us when we want to do something and they got their point across but I think they could have it expanded it more and done a lot more with their century. I just felt like they were being redundant with "convenience" and science and technology etc... They could have expanded on it and gone in several directions and then tying back into their main point with more detailed specifics rather then a rough over view.
    3.
    I think that they were prepared to the most part. There was some of the times where a person in the group just didn't say anything and would just stand there but within the activities they knew what they had to do but even then I didn't feel to drawn as to what they had to stay. It didn't really catch my attention because the person themselves didn't seem to show "passion", or a great understanding of what they were talking about.
    4.
    I would asses them between a check and check minus. Like I said before they could have gone more in depth and made even more connections. I get their point to convenience and globalization, but what else?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was not engaged that much during their presentation and I was paying attention. The only time I felt engaged was when we did the stations, and even then I was *fully* engaged. They could have done a lot more with their presentation, they were being a bit redundant in their presentation. Like, "okay five senses and convenience, I get it... Now what?" They mostly talked about how the 20th century was about convenience and how now, we don't use our 5 senses very well, but that's about it. I didn't get much out of their presentation. They hardly talked about religion, besides that they stated the three major religions during that time, but they didn't go in depth with it. They just skimmed over it, really. It's like they mentioned it, and stated that it affect so-and-so people, and then went to their next topic.
    Some people did seem ready to present, they seemed to know how it was going to go, but others were... improvising, I guess you could say.
    Overall, I would assess this group with a check minus. I expected way more. They had 2-3 more weeks than my group had... Or any other group, really.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    It was engaging in most of it. It was majorly discussion based. It had the people thinking on their feet. Something that i would have wished they went more in depth in would have been the great depression and other major things that happened at the time.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    Well i would say that i did know most of the things said in the presentation but i do feel the they might have given someone else a better understanding on the subject. I feel that the presenters stayed to much on the senses thing that i might have overlooked something else they had said that might have assisted me on getting a greater understanding it.


    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    I feel that they were prepared... but not on everything that i would have liked them to go over. I liked the creative walk around. :)

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    I would say that it was a check minus... but im sure they might have been nervous and we all know how nerve-wracking it can be to present for two hours so it was a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    To speak the truth i think that the beginning of the presentation started off very good. There was a lot of information thrown to us that got us thinking. I liked the music because there was a vibe added to the room, it made me feel relax. After that was the 5 senses game and that was pretty engaging. Though, i did not see much of a connection to the century so i was just doing what i was told. Other than that the presentation could of been more engaging, it seemed like the group was just dragging on and on to extend the time.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    I think that a better job could of been done by supplying us with more events that occurred to help us see your interpretation of the century. It was just told to us and that did not enhance my learning. I saw it through a different but did not know whether to buy into it or not. What i learned was that at this time a lot of inventions were created to make the world convenient and satisfy the rest of society, they were not needed to survive. Part of the inventions were also curiosity and i believe that to get wealthy as well. Money became the most important to society.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    I do not think that this presentation was very organized. Like i said the beginning seemed organized but after like the first hour it was just a drag. People were looking at watches and there was nothing laid down for us to do but discuss. An agenda was definitely needed.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

    Overall i think that this group deserves a Check minus because there was no organization in the presentation for the time that was given to them. There was no resource guide, and the overall presentation could have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    It was okay, I think the most engaging part was the part when we went around to the different groups and did the senses stuff. The rest was discussion and it was kind of boring but not that bad.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    I didn't really understand what the group was trying to get us to take from it. Their claim was a bit unclear, but i did learn a little about my senses and how they think we are losing them. I'm not sure about events that happened during the century.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    They seemed prepared for the first part but not really for the discussion part.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

    Overall i would assess them between a check and check minus because they seemed a little unsure about what they were trying to get through to us but the first part was engaging. I just didn't really think they did as well as they could have on the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    - I thought the presentation was sort of engaging when we were doing the small activities we all got to play a part of the small activities and it showed us what we had to do.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    - I do kind of feel that they were trying to tell us something about having things that were convenient for us i think the point could have been stronger.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    They seemed like they were prepared for the presentation but they could have gone more in depth.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

    - Overall i think the group deserves a check or a check minus i feel that they could have gone a little bit more in depth and also could have had more to the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1. the presentation was engaging and most of the time it required our participation. There was a lot of openings for group discussions that were constructed for us to participate in. I also enjoyed the mini presentations that described each of the senses and how we have begun to loose some of them and really mainly on sight. At times the group discussions were a bit awkward at first but it quickly picked up and came out great.
    2. Since this century is so commonly portrayed through media and through courses in the past years, it is difficult to give us new knowledge on the century. I felt like you were unsuccessful in a sense that you had all these major events occurring you kinda brought them up sightly, but was pushed it away immediately. Though your guy's presentation was successful in teaching us our dependency in non essentially items.
    3. The group seemed a bit timid at first, but the presentation eventually picked up.
    4. Overall i give the presentation a check

    ReplyDelete
  23. I thought the senses thingy was really engaging, but don’t think the whole presentation should have been around that. The group only really focused on a few things, and I think they could have covered way more. Yeah we all are very familiar with the 20th century, but that doesn’t mean to not mention some things. There were so many events and new ideas (inventions, music, etc.) that happened, and they could have provided and mentioned more to help support their main idea that we don’t use our five senses as much. They didn’t start mentioning wars until Kam started asking “How?”, and that was at the end of class. I don’t really think I have a better understanding of the century. I have a new way to look at it, because I never realized that we rely on just our sight as much, and I think the taste (Kennedy’s table) did the best at explaining how we use it. The group didn’t really seem prepared. I think they knew what they wanted to mention, and a little bit of who was going to speak, but it seemed like they did a lot of improvising. I would give the group between a check and check minus…Maybe more of a check minus.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The presentation, I felt, was alright with engagement. The most engaging was the box activity, which made everyone participate and was actually a lot of fun. Some of the ways that the group was discussing got boring at points, but I think they did an alright job at keeping people engaged. Next time, I would say bring your main points as your activities are expressing it, not really quickly at the very end. That lost a lot of people.

    I would honestly say that I didn't learn or understand the century any better than before. That being said, it is very hard to teach someone something new about something that is already known quite a bit. That only happened a 100 years ago, and I have family that was alive at the very beginning of it still alive to tell me a lot about it. But from what they taught, had I not known anything, I think I would have learned quite a bit in terms of the way society was letting technology lead them.

    I would say the group was not near as prepared as they should have been. They were stumbling over their words, forgot key points, and genuinely seemed to not know where they were heading at points. They should have been solid with their presentation as if they should have been presenting at their original time, but I think there was a lot of stalling to actually prepare, which was very evident. Now I don't expect them to change their plan a week from their presentations to try and make it "better" but I did expect them to at least nail what they had without trying.

    It is very hard to be the last group, I'm just putting that out there. Unfortunately, being the last group means that people are going to have ridiculously high standards. I.E.: "They have more time to practice", "They got to see methods that worked and what didn't", etc. Maybe so, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we should grade harsher. I honestly feel that if I was to grade, that I would judge them harsh because of how these views pop into our heads. I honestly don't know where to put them, except between a check and check minus. I felt they could have been more prepared and put their points in a different order, but they got their point across in a way that I had never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement? Yes the presentation was engaging due their activity incorporating our usage of the five human senses. For improvement i would say to make the activity connect with what u teach about your century.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    I do not feel that I have a better understanding of their century. I am missing the chronological order of events that happened during their century, therefore I was not able to make that many connections as i intended.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation? The group did not seem prepared.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    check minus

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1.
    In the beginning the presentation overall it was engaging since they asked for peoples phones and the video help guide what they wanted the class to get at in the beginning of the class but then it got very difficult to make solid connections to their century. The small rotation activity was somewhat decent to use to explain one of the connections to us and 20th century. For the major part of the presentation it felt that there were a lot of key points that could have been said and there was a lot of pauses between the presentations and made me think that they were unsecured about what they were saying.
    2. I felt that I didn’t leave with a better understanding of what the 20th century was all about. I feel that they missed a lot of key points that could have been stated and they didn’t really go in depth about some topics that they stated.
    3. It seemed that they were prepared at some level but I do believe that there were some members more prepare than others. Also there was a lot of repetition in the presentation that was not necessary. Overall, I felt that they could of practice more since they did have more time than other groups.
    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    I feel that they are at check minus since the group wasn’t well prepared and it didn’t state lot of major events that changes us as society and could gone more in depth with what they were saying. Plus, It would have help if they had visuals in their presentation and made more connections. Also I don’t feel that I got much out of the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    I think that at first they started out pretty good and they got people engaged but then after awhile they seemed to slow down and didn't know what to do bu then they picked back up when they got into showing us the 5 senses. My opinion is just to be more confident in yourselves and what you are presenting.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    I don't feel like they gave us a lot of information about what actually happened in that century but more on their interpretation on the century. From what they got from it and what they presented to me I understand what might have happened but I think that they could have told us why they thought what they did, like what happened to have them present us with that informational.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    They seemed to know what they wanted to do and like they got out their points so yes, I think that they were prepared for the presentation.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    I would give them a check because they got a lot of interesting information that allowed us all to think about what makes us who we are today and I thought that is an important thing to understand from then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 1. Was I found the presentation pretty engaging because of the activities they made us do.The discussion portion was interesting to me because it was very easy to relate to it. I think that they could have tried to make deeper connections between the 5 themes.

    2.I think i got a little better understanding, but not too much because they did not cover much else than the things with the senses.

    3.they seem prepared for the presentation, but i think that they could have covered more.

    4.I would give this group between a check and check minus

    ReplyDelete
  29. 1. It was engaging to a certain point. I think that they did okay but some of the activities could have been more informative.

    2. I don't think I really do. I think that the group touched on the surface and didn't really go into depth with what was being explained. I was expecting to hear something about the ideology of Hitler as well as all the religions.. more than just that they were big. What made them so big? I didn't really hear anything about society and how it connected with everything that was going on. I expected more about music. What made the music of the century so memorable?


    3. They seemed prepared, for the most part.. I think some people could have practiced a bit more.

    4. I would say its close to a check. I think they met most of the requirements but I think there could have been more detail.

    ReplyDelete