Thursday, April 12, 2012

Through The Years Presentations Feedback-18 Century PM

In order to assist with the learning process, it is imperative the feedback and constructive criticism be given to presenters, which they can use to learn and grow from.  This is where you, as the audience comes in.  The purpose of these presentations is to enhance your knowledge of a particular time period in World History, which you can take with you outside of this class and apply to making other connections.  This only works if you can walk away from a presentation with a better comprehension of the world around you.
With this in mind, please focus on the following prompts when structuring your feedback to the groups...

1. Was the presentation engaging?  If so, how?  If not, why?  What are your suggestions for improvement?

2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented?  If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding.  Why did it work?  If not, what are you missing?

3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

NOTE: Only CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK will be allowed on this blog.  Disrespectful and/or disingenuous feedback will not be tolerated and will be deleted from the blog, with consequences to follow.  

29 comments:

  1. 1. At first the group that I was in was building activity was very engaging but through the other group presentations it sort of died. after that the last activity was very engaging if you had a question.

    2. I would have to say that I learn more about how the American revolution was started more how they felt then just how they didn't want the UK under control.

    3. I feel that they were some what prepared. some of them knew what others were presenting in the small group activity but not all.

    4. I feel that they met expectations not because of the root beer! but for really teaching me or tried to about this century because of that effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.
    I think that that when they split us into the different groups it was engaging and they had different activities within the groups was good. Some of the people were just reading off of their notes and not really having a conversation with the group.
    2.
    I feel that I do have a better understanding of the century and what something would be that I feel I have a better understanding of is what is a revolution? I think they went over it well in their lesson.

    3.
    I think they were prepared for the presentation. You can see that they had their lesson planned out and tried to follow it to the best of their ability. In the small sections that they put us in at first though some were not as prepared as others for they were just reading off of their notes. But overall as a group I think that they were prepared.

    4.
    I think they deserve a check overall. They did good and met expectations and everyone walked away with a new understanding of the century. There are some aspects of the presentation where I think it could have been just a tad bit better but all in all I think they deserve a check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the project was rocky at first then became sandy (not as rocky, but still kind of up there). It wasn't engaging when they read directly off their notes instead of conversing with us and didn't explain well enough even with questions being asked. Next time, I suggest getting the material down better and make the transitions smoother.

    I honestly am still really confused about the century. The only thing that I understood was about the French Revolution and the East India Trading Company coming to power and falling.

    I don't think the group was prepared very well. If they were they didn't seem to be prepared enough. Most of the time, the notes were read off of, sometimes seemed to have no clue where they were going, and didn't seem comfortable with what was being said.

    Overall, I would say it's a check minus. It was too rocky, and the info wasn't presented very well to me. Had the info been presented in better way and I had learned more, I could look over the rocky transitions, but I can't lie about not learning the stuff being taught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I think that the presentation was engaging to a certain point. I think that it could have been a lot better though. I think that is could have been organized a bit better. Just because there are activities, doesn't mean that the students are necessarily engaged.

    2. I don't think that I know as much as I think I could have learned. I was really confused as to how they were split up, and I didn't realize it till I got to North America when they told us. I think that it shouldn't have been like that because it splits the information by continent and I didn't really see all the LOs incorporated. The only thing I really understood was about the East India Trading Company and Napoleon. I was REALLY lost in the blocks, I was confused the whole time. Reading off the paper makes a person look unprepared, and less engaging.

    3. The group didn't seem too prepared. Overall, I think they did okay... but I think that it could have been practiced.

    4. I'm not too sure. I would say in between a V- and a V. I learned some, but then there was one part that I was just lost completely. I payed attention and I was still lost. I took notes at every station and there was one where I couldn't really find anything to write down because the information was all thrown into text without any visual representation that could have been an asset to the full understanding of the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    Engagement in this project was a little iffy. I felt that they did try hard putting it together, but there was still some stuff to work on. I felt engaged in most of the different groups.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    The biggest thing that stood out was the part on the American and French revolution. I like how more or less of this was read from my mind and with less of reading off the script. I felt connected and along with few parts at other tables, there were parts where I got a lot out of it and felt that they really knew what they were talking about. I really liked building the structure and although mine stunk, when they explained the relevance, it really made sense.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    The overall project was fine, their lines could have maybe been practiced a little more, but reading off of a script made sure the presented the right thing and they could pre-write exactly how they wanted to present their knowledge, even if it wasn't as engaging.
    The biggest thing was what they put into their presentation and how they presented it, now how well they did what they planned to do. If that makes sense...?

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

    I think if maybe I look through their resource guide and am able to clarify and gain a little bit more knowledge about the century, they got a solid check.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most of the presentation was engaging. I liked most of the activities that they had at the separate stations and for the most part they presented the information well. There were one or two stations though that could have been better prepared, the information was read to us very quickly, not giving us time to understand or take notes, and the activity wasn’t explained very well so we were never really able to play. I think the four corners game at the end was fun and creative though and they did a good job of getting people to talk about things at the end of their presentation. My suggestions for improvement would be to practice enough so you don’t have to read everything because that quickly loses people’s attention, and to work on timing a little bit more because everything started feeling a little more rushed towards the end.

    I have a better understanding of some parts of the century that was presented. The separate groups definitely helped me with some of these understandings because I find it easier to learn about things when there are smaller groups of people

    I most of the group seemed prepared for the presentation and knew what they wanted to say but part of the group could have used some more practicing on the part that they were presenting and the activity that they were explaining.
    Overall, I would give this group a check. I think the majority of the stations were prepared for their presentation and were able to explain things to us and get us engaged in the activity. I also think they did a pretty good job with their ending game and discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    I felt that this presentation was somewhat engaging, but not to the fullest of how it could have been. I felt that I was not understanding most of the concepts being taught. Somethings I had a grasp on, but others were difficult for me to comprehend. Even when I asked questions, I felt they were not addressed to their fullest potential or to where I had a clear understanding. Some suggestions for improvement are for the group to have Been a little more prepared or to have had similar connections and making the lessons flow together. I also think that reading off the paper the whole time was not as efficient in my opinion.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    I feel that I did get some understanding out of the century, but not as much as I would have liked. something I learned was that Brazil was stealing resources from over seas, and then trading them for profit.also, how Christianity Began to spread to China. I Do think that I would have liked to have learned more about religion, and the government, and just society at the time.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    I personally felt that not all the group members were as prepared as they should and could have Been, I think some more than others.
    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    Overall, I would assess this learning opportunity in between a check minus/ and a check. I truly feel that there were areas were they had met expectations and done well, but there were also areas were they could have done a lot Better, Been more prepared, and presented more information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    I think that engagement could have been better in this presentation. I thought that they could have done something more exciting from all of the information that they gave us in the end.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    I think that I could have got a lot more out of it if I understood what a few of the presenters were saying. It was kind of confusing in the beginning when they split us all up into different groups because I didn't understand why they did it till someone asked about what they were doing so they could have made things more clear.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    I think that they could have done better. Not everyone felt confident and that could just be because they were shy or that they knew that they weren't ready for the presentation. I think that in the future it would be good to practice more for anyone who doesn't completely feel confident.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    I don't think that they deserve a V- but I don't think they should get a V. If there was something in between that I would give it to them. I just didn't feel like I got much out of the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.
    I think the presentation was pretty engaging, there were some parts (when we were split up)where you could tell who was familiar with their topic and who wasn't (definitely not all members, but I don't want to throw people under the bus.)The only suggestion I have for improvement is that they went over their material as a group just so they know what each other are going to say.

    2.
    I do feel like I have a better understanding of the century. I think what helped me retain that knowledge the most was the "four corners" game at the end, I felt like that was a really good way to keep everyone engaged because even if you lost, you still learned facts about the century, and they were all things that I never knew before. The only things I noticed that were missing was information on actual people in the 18th century.

    3.
    I think majority of the people in the group were prepared and those who were did a great job, those who didn't, well, it was obvious. I think the group had everything they wanted to do planned out great and even when they started running out of time they didn't speed through it, they kept going at a normal pace and wrapped things up.

    4.
    Overall I would asses the group with a check, I feel like they kept everyone engaged and had some very good information to share. They found a way to teach it with boring people. Even when they listed a fact they didn't keep going on and on with facts it was one or two then back into interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?I believe that a few parts of their presentations were engaging, but not all of it. The part I enjoyed was at the end when we had to answer questions about the word revolution. What really surprised me was that discussion because through it, I was asked a question that i couldn't answer because I never thought about it through that perspective before which in a way shocked me and in a way shut me up to take time to think which i liked.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?I feel that i some what have an understanding of the century in terms of the way society acted then. What assisted me was the discussion at the end because i was introduced to other individuals' perspectives which assisted me in polishing up my own perspective of the century.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    I believe that some members felt prepared for the presentation, and others seemed hesitant because they kept forgetting to mention key aspects.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you? I would asses them as a check minus because during the presentation and activity, i felt that i was supposed to memorize important dates rather than the why of certain events or aspects or ideas. I think for the group to improve, they could have let us develop our own whys, and not so much focus on the dates and facts. I feel that it wasn't intended for us to make our own connections. I also feel that at times the class was not focused or engaged, and it was one of our expectations as the teachers to make the lessons appealing or at least keep us interested, and at the same time it is expected of us to participate to the full extent. I believe that both sides lacked those things. Because of those things i'd have to say they deserve a check minus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think there was no choice, but to engage because we were in smaller groups. It was a little hard to understand a lot of the information given. It seemed like they were just stating facts, and not really putting meaning behind them. Some of the stations we went to were okay and talked a little about the revolutions but it didn’t seem like they all actually knew what they were talking about. I don’t think I have a better understanding of the century. I learned about the different revolutions, but it wasn’t really said of why it they were important. A lot of the group members didn’t really seem prepared, and some of the activities didn’t make any sense to me. They had a good reviewing game, but I think there could have been deeper meaning questions. A lot of them were very factual based, and seemed like the things we can easily look up. Throughout this year we were taught to go past the facts, and look at things as a whole and see how things really changed and give a deeper meaning to them. I think the separating into continents took away from that, because a lot of continents mingled with each other, and it was a little confusing combining the world together with the information delivered to us. I think a way to improve would be to explain why all of the events that happened were important and how it brought change to the country/continent/world. Overall, I think I would give the group a check minus. It seemed like they had an idea of what they wanted to talk about which was the Idea of change, and revolution, but didn’t really do a good job of explaining it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    I felt that Chris and Emily's station were the only ones that got us truly engaged. The rest were really just info based, and while im on the subject of info base, i would like to mention how i thought that the presentation itself was pretty much just fact based. I really liked the interpretation of the activity with the straws to saying how a colony would support itself, but for the rest it was really just saying what happen, without considering the so what factor. I would really suggest for you guys to use more interpretation.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    I don't really feel i have a better understanding of the century as a whole, some sub parts yes, like the American revolution, but not really. I was really missing how things worked together, and how they impacted me and the next century, how the other centuries impacted them.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    Some did seem prepared but their were a few where they defiantly seemed unprepared. The transitions weren't so smooth, but they were solid. And some didn't really know their content, they would have to rely on notes, and or just not say it.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?

    Well i honestly feel that you guys are between a V and V-, their were some flaws but some things stood out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would say that presentation seemed to be oddly engaging like I feel like they just split us into the four groups and tired to create a way to engage us, but I honsetly think that it wasn't in the best way. most of the groups read off their notes, and that's fine but it was just reading and did not have a conversation with us and teaching it to us. But I really liked the North America and Africa station because they showed what they were teaching in a different way.My suggestion would be not to read off papers, you are suppose to be experts, but its fine to look at it to keep you on the right track, but some stations read exactly off the notes.
    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    Hmmmm do I have a better understanding,I can say not really the only thing that was made clear for me and I actually learned was how north America and how the Boston tea party, and how they raised taxes so that added pressure to the government. I think what was missing was practice or confidence that they knew the subjects.

    I think they seemed prepared but maybe they didn't really practice so when it was show time it was rocky.

    I would assess them more as check minus but I see a little of a check? the presentation I think they had good intentions on teaching us but perhaps not everything went as planned and also they tried to keep us engaged.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?I felt that it was engaging in some way since there were activities for us to do in every station but there was some stations that could have been more engaging. I didn’t like the fact the most of the presenters had to read their notes before they answered my peers’ questions. Also, most of all the presentations were fact based and I wish that they could have gone more in depth with the information they were giving us. Plus, there were times when I didn’t really understand what was happening in one of the continent since the presenter didn’t do a good job at explaining. So I would suggest that they should have practice more on what they were going to say. In addition, the corner game was engaging since it help cleared information that I didn’t understand.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing? I did learn about the different revolutions that were occurring worldwide and the corner activity really help me find answers to some of my questions about particular stations.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation? I feel that they need to practice a bit more and at least know what each member was presenting. Also, they did know what they were aiming for and tried to stay on their scheduled and were always trying to get the class involved.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you? Since I gain a decent amount of knowledge but since there times were it was hard for me to understand what the presenter was talking about. Overall, I got an understanding of what they were aiming to teach the class about which was revolutions that were occurring during the time period and how they impacted the people but because of some explaining issues I will give them a check that is barely passing a check minus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 18th century
    Yes the presentation was engaging. It was engaging because of the interactive activities that the group presented. As a suggestion I think that the group should have prepared more on presenting and most of the time they couldn’t answer our question or they would say “I don’t know”. Another suggestion would be to not read of the papers you have printed out. Its fine if you need to glance at your notes but to read off them the whole time makes it seem as if you didn’t know what you were talking about or how to explain it properly or clearly.
    Yes I do feel as if I have a better understanding of the 18th century but nothing made complete since about all of the presentations until the very end of the class. The one part of the presentation that had assisted me in better understanding this century was the end group discussion. It worked because I got to hear other peoples thought and I got to put my own out there.
    After looking at the past centuries “prepared” is pretty broad. Yes they all had the materials, activities and things they wanted to say but some of the presenters didn’t seem prepared with what they were talking about, kind of going back to my earlier suggestions.
    Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    Overall I would assess the group with a check minus because the whole part about teaching the class is presenting with confidence and getting the point across. Plus a lot of the things presented were nothing but facts. What’s the point of having all of the facts and hardly making connections to any of them?

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    to be honest,i felt that the group could have been better prepared with the whole presentation, and also a couple of the group members could have done better when they were explaining stuff.
    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    well, i do not feel that i do havew a better understanding because i could understand what they were trying to get at.
    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    the group did not seem prepared at all.
    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    i would give thema V-.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    I think the beginning and end was engaging but the middle was very confusing and it was so rushed that I didn't get a very good understanding of the century. I feel like when they asked questions to get us to think, it was good, but the rest wwas too rushed and confusing.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    Honestly, I learned a little, but it was information that was obvious. I already knew about the wars and taxes and the boston tea party and all that so I feel like their could have been way more depth added into the presentation. It was so rushed and so time focused so I couldn't really understand everything because there was so much information at once and not enough time to make connections.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    It seemed like some people really took over the entire presentation and wanted things to go their way so they didn't really let things flow the natural way. I think you guys should just kind of go with the flow sometimes instead of keeping everything so constrained.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    I would asses them between a V- and a V. I think there was a lot of time and work put into the project and that is obvious from the presentations and I think the information and facts were all very good, but they just barely scratched the surface of their century. There could have been way more depth and understanding and connection to make it a solid V. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?
    The presentation was somewhat engaging… I felt like they some trouble in the beginning but after a while, they got over the “stage fright.” Suggestion would be not to be so worried because it’s like what people say YOLO… and you know these people, so don’t get ass nervous. I know that’s easier said than done most times but you know it is how it is.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?
    I do feel like I got a better understanding of the century after they presented

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?
    Yes, they did seem prepared... its just that they looked at the paper/ script a little too much. I know that the script is a great way to keep on track but just don’t read straight of the paper. I gives the impression of not being prepared, even though I’m sure you were all well prepared.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    Overall, I would say a check would suffice in this situation. I especially liked the ending with the ice cream and the root beer.
    Kudos to all of the group members!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    - I personally didn't think it was very engaging there were some parts were i was paying attention and participating but majority of the time i found myself distracted and not really getting anything out of it since a lot of facts were thrown at us and not there opinions it was very hard to try to pay attention.

    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    - i felt that i didn't get much from the presentations it was just hard to try to pay attention it was creative and it was fun but there were just facts thrown at us no opinions no conversations so it was like we could have gone on google and just read all this.
    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    - One thing that's for sure is the group was very prepared for this i could tell by the way acted they were not freaking out much and they knew what they wanted to say and when to say it they all knew there part of the presentation. It seemed to me that they had a very good structure to go off on.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    - Overall i would access them between a check minus and a check, they knew what they wanted to accomplish with us and they knew what they wanted us to leave the class with except they just threw many facts at us and i know that's something that is very hard to understand. but good job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i think that getting the students attention is/was the hardest part for the whole group and i think that it seemed like it wasn't engaging because it was hard to get them to pay attention but t words the end it was very engaging and i felt like i was able to understand what was said but still be engaged.

    I think that from 3 groups i did have a better understanding of that century because they were able to present what they had and keep me engaged. One aspect that assisted me in this better understanding is that the groups were i actually understood (learned) were obviously prepared.

    i think that all the groups were prepared but i think that the nerves hit one group and it stopped that presenter from being able to present correctly what he had prepared.

    overall i think i would asses the groups as a check because they had suficient "knowledge" on the subject and they showed us that i think that the activities related to what they were presenting and what they presented was well informed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. 18th Century:
    1. Was the presentation engaging? If so, how? If not, why? What are your suggestions for improvement?

    The presentation was engaging for the most part. The beginning started off slow. It kind of picked up when we got split into groups and everyone started talking. The room got a little loud and it got a little hard for me to pay attention. I felt that some people didn’t know their stuff so it was hard to take notes because they spoke a little too fast.


    2. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the century presented? If so, comment on at least one aspect of the presentation that assisted you with this better understanding. Why did it work? If not, what are you missing?

    I did learn a lot about the century, but the information that they sent out was more factual instead of explaining the idea behind why (especially all the revolutions) it happened. In the end, everything got better because of the discussion that happened and that’s when it started to make more sense.

    3. Did the group seem prepared for the presentation?

    They were knew what to do and look somewhat prepared. The only problem is that when they could have practice a little bit more, only used their notes as guide and didn’t rely on it too much. The activities were engaging and I got the idea behind it especially when we did the building activity.

    4. Overall, how would you assess the learning opportunity the group presented to you?
    Overall, I would give them a check. The majority of the seemed prepared. The only thing that they needed to work on was the way they presented. I learned a lot that I didn’t know about the century.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 1. I think that this group could have made there presentation a little more engaging. I think that the presentation started off in stations and they were not very engaging, besides one that involved straws. The end was engaging but i would of liked to seen it more organized because not all people were contributing, they were all over the place.
    2. The information that was presented to us was a lot but i think that it was focused more on facts and it could of been more though out. I did learn a few events but i think that i only learned about the obvious. I think the questions that were asked made the project. It let us know what the main things about the century.
    3. I personally do not think that most of the group members were prepared for this presentation. A lot of you guys looked shaky while presenting in the small sections and that limited you guys to how much you were giving us. I think that about two people were totally prepared, but the group did not have a clear schedule.
    4. Over all i think that this group deserves a check minus. The reason why is because they could have taught us a lot more during the small sections. Like i said there was no why to a lot of stuff. Having a little more confidence would of been better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 1. I think the presentation was somewhat engaging. Most parts were unclear and almost boring. The information given was too straight forward & read off of a paper.

    2. I think I have a better understanding of the century but I think we could have learned more and received the information in a better way.

    3. As a whole, they were somewhat prepared but some individual group members didn't seem prepared at all.

    4. I would give them between a check minus and a check because I feel like they could have came up with a better way to present their information and made it more entertaining as far as the rotations and the ending. They did, however, have lots of good information and you can tell they did lots of research.

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1. I think the presentation was somewhat engaging. Most parts were unclear and almost boring. The information given was too straight forward & read off of a paper.

    2. I think I have a better understanding of the century but I think we could have learned more and received the information in a better way.

    3. As a whole, they were somewhat prepared but some individual group members didn't seem prepared at all.

    4. I would give them between a check minus and a check because I feel like they could have came up with a better way to present their information and made it more entertaining as far as the rotations and the ending. They did, however, have lots of good information and you can tell they did lots of research.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 1. I think that the presentation was somewhat engaging, for example there were some parts of the small groups where I was more "Ooh, tell me more about this!" or something like that, but there were some groups that were just reading off their notes, and it got quite boring, to be honest. They weren't engaging us in their presentation, so something that I noticed was that my whole group sort of spaced out and started playing with what was on the table, and we sort of just sat in silence for the rest of the time, which was unproductive and somewhat awkward.
    2. I would say that I somewhat feel that I have a better understanding of the century, although there were some parts that were a bit iffy, but overall, I did learn things that I never learned about before.

    3. In general, I think they were prepared for the presentation. Their lesson plan was clearly planned out and they tried to follow it the best they could. In the small sections that they put us in at first though some were not as prepared as others for they were just reading off of their notes.
    4. I think that overall, they did good and met expectations and everyone walked away with a new understanding of the century. So I would give them a check. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. 1.We were split up into sections and I found some to be engaging and some to not be. With the ones that were engaging, I found it easy to ask questions and to start a discussion, but with the other ones, it was hard to follow and I lost interest in the topic. One suggestion that I have is to try to make all of the presentations equally as engaging in some sort of way.

    2.I think that the group knew their topic pretty well, but i feel that they could have figured out other ways to present their information. Some of the activities were spot on in what I needed to understand a topic. I thought that it worked because they were able to translate the point to something simple that we can understand.

    3.I thought the group was mostly prepared. some of the presenters seemed nervous and some needed to look at their notes too much to carry on.

    4.I would give this group between a check and check minus.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I do not think this presentation was very engaging. Alot of the time i was confused on what was being said in almost all of the areanas and they presenters almost looked like they werent prepared. All with their notes at hand reading word for word. Which makes it seem like they werent prepared. I think the activity at the end saved there presentation because it did show thta even know alot of the class was confused they still got something from it. They still learned something from it which is very important. I think i have a little bit of a better understanding but very very little bit of new knowledge.I would give this group a CHECK MINUS for the work they put forth.

    ReplyDelete